When you hear about a total-body workout machine, you think of a trainer machine that allows you to complete exercises that work out all muscles of your body.
That is pretty cool, right? With a workout machine like this, you don’t have to switch between equipment anymore.
Unless you are semi to pro bodybuilder this home gym piece of equipment should serve most of your needs.
In this post, I am going to make an in-depth review of Marcy Smith Cage Workout Machine MD-9010G.
Table of Contents
- 1 The Marcy Brand – Industry Leader With Customer Focus
- 2 Product Overview – Premium Gym-Quality Workout at Your Own Home
- 3 Pros
- 4 Cons
- 5 Assembly Tips – Keep It Very Well-organized
- 6 Training Like a Pro is Your Next Level With This Smith Machine
The Marcy Brand – Industry Leader With Customer Focus
Remember, I have told you that I like to have an eye on the companies history and reputation before looking any further on the products itself.
So, Marcy is one of the brands of Impex Company that began in 1982 in the United States of America and quickly established a strong presence in the fitness industry as a manufacturer of fitness products for many well-known fitness equipment companies.
Throughout the years that followed, Impex Company acquired and licensed several high profile brand names and began manufacturing products for most major sporting goods retailers.
Today, besides the Marcy Brand, Impex Company is recognized as an industry leader owning such brands like Apex, Steel Body, Hers, Bionic Body, and Competitor.
Each of the brands covers a specific genre and has secured a place in almost every strength market segment of the sporting goods industry.
The success of Impex Company is largely based on their commitment to providing the ultimate customer service and by offering their customers innovative and high-quality products at competitive prices.
Product Overview – Premium Gym-Quality Workout at Your Own Home
Now, let’s take a look at the product itself. Marcy Smith Cage Workout Machine MD-9010G is designed for home use but is really built like a gym club machine.
What Marcy Smith Cage Workout Machine MD-9010G actually does is this machine allows you to perform over 100 club-quality exercises.
This is a 3 in 1 workout machine because it combines 3 different types of strength building machines in one compact design.
The MD-9010G is equipped with a unique Cable Cross dual pulley system that allows you to perform functional type exercises that employ movements associated with sports specific movements and day-to-day tasks.
Marcy Smith Cage Workout Machine MD-9010G also includes a multi-function weight bench with a total leg developer and bicep preacher curl; a cable routed pectoral fly station for targeting chest muscles, safety Olympic bar catches, and adjustable Smith bar catches.
- Made to Last – Marcy Smith Cage Workout Machine MD-9010G is made with a heavy-duty steel frame reinforced with a durable powder-coated finish. It utilizes sturdy aircraft cable with a tensile strength of 2,000 lb. So you can be sure that it will withstand intense and long-lasting use.
- Develop The Strenght of Your Arms and Chest – the weight system home gym is designed with dual action press arms. The press arms allow you to perform a variety of exercises for arms and chest to develop your biceps, triceps, pectorals, and other muscle groups.
- Legs are Not Neglected – Marcy Smith Cage Workout Machine MD-9010G features a dual-function leg developer with six oversized rocker pads and a row/curl bar. This unit comes with a pivot point that facilitates proper body form during workouts, allowing maximum effect on targeted muscle groups.
- Olympic Level Exercise – This MD-9010G includes an Olympic free-weight rack that engages you in intense weightlifting or strength training right in the comfort of your home. It includes 6 weight plate pegs that are built into the frame, letting you organize weights and barbells on the machine for your easy accessibility.
- Safe for You – This total-body workout machine was designed with you in mind, including all the necessary safety measures: adjustable bar catches and safety stoppers.
- Warranty – You can buy with confidence this Marcy Smith Cage Workout Machine MD-9010G because it is packed up with 2 years warranty from the manufacturer.
- Good Price for the Quality – This workout machine is available for $999,99. It is difficult to find a better complete home gym with these many quality features for this price.
- The Pullup Bar is Not Included. This total-body workout machine doesn’t include the pullup bar so you are not able to perform pullups on this machine. Instead, due to the dual-action press arms system, you are free to do a variety of exercises that could smooth out this little downside.
- Weights are Not Included as well. This machine doesn’t come with weights, so you will have to purchase them additionally. The machine allows the 2″ Olympic size weights. But you don’t necessarily have to buy expensive Olympic weights. The storage bars and workout bar has sleeves that can be removed so you can use standard weights.
- The Pulley System Leaves a Little Bit to be Desired. What I find is the tension to be lacking when you are letting the weights go back to the starting position. As an example, in doing tricep pushdowns, there is good tension on the way down but the pulley system seems to lack that smooth glide on the way back to the starting position.
- The Bench Function Might be a Little bit Adjusted. So, the bench of this total-body workout machine is moveable, but it lacks wheels to make the bench movement a little easier. My other complaint with the bench is the pin used to hold the bench in the inclined position. So, changing bench angles take a little longer because the pin has to be screwed into place. I wish this was more of a hinge pin so that changing positions could be done more efficiently.
Read More About Equipment for Home Use: Best Equipment For Home Gym – 34 Pieces You Don’t Want to Miss
Assembly Tips – Keep It Very Well-organized
Taking into consideration that this Marcy Smith full-body workout machine is a pretty complex piece of equipment, assembling it could seem a little bit difficult at first sight.
Step#2. Follow the Instructions Carefully
However, if you follow the exact steps given in the instructions, you are able to complete it without any problems. At the same time, you cannot just tear open all of the packages at once and expect to find what you need when you get to a certain step.
It is very important to keep things organized and be sure to refer to the page that outlines each step and in turn, flip back and forth to the pages where they show each part and its identifying number. This will help you ensure that you re using the right parts for any specific step.
Step#2. Assemble the Smith Machine Framework
The unit comes in three boxes in total. I would recommend opening boxes number 1 and number 2 first, as those two contain all of the parts for the smith machine. Box number 3 is for the bench only so leave that one until you finish to assemble the smith machine.
If you have enough space, use a staging area where you can lay out all of the parts for the smith machine and pair up any parts where they are identical as you have to build two sides to the smith machine.
Be sure to not tighten the bolts until the directions say otherwise. If you do tighten the bolts to soon, it will make it difficult to align pieces in the steps that follow.
Step#3. Untangle the Cable System
The most complex part of putting the smith machine together is assembling the cable system. You will really need to take your time and follow those steps very carefully.
The cabling comes intertwined so you will need to separate the cables as they are required in different steps. The only frustrating part with the cabling is that they are so tightly wound that you may encounter some trouble straightening them out for the install.
So if you have a way to stretch those out I would recommend doing that while you assemble the smith machine framework. Once all of the pieces are together make sure you go back and tighten per the instructions.
Training Like a Pro is Your Next Level With This Smith Machine
Overall, Marcy Smith Cage Workout Machine MD-9010G is a very well made and very sturdy.
In terms of using the gym, the overall functioning is pretty good and this unit definitely worth the price.
The pulley attachments are all really nice and good quality. The bench is excellent in terms of quality and has multiple positions including decline which is great.
I wish it had wheels on one end so that it can be moved around a little easier. It is not as heavy as a commercial bench so it is still manageable.
Also, replacing screwed pins with hinge pins will make the overall function of the machine better. The assembly part will take a while, but it worths the effort.
I hope you have enjoyed reading my review about Marcy Smith Cage Workout Machine MD-9010G and now you feel more confident about its features.
If you have any thoughts or questions please leave them below in the comments section. I will be happy to hear from you!
If you found this article helpful, please show some love and share it with your friends on social media channels.
My best wishes to you,