A treadmill is one of the most common aerobic fitness equipment in the world. It is used for walking or jogging, helping the trainee strengthen the muscles of the legs, body, and cardiovascular system. Exercising regularly on a treadmill, you do a great favor to your body and health.
In this post, I will tell you about the best treadmills of 2019 and about the benefits of regular cardio training.
You will also find out how you can choose the best treadmill for yourself, whether you are looking for one into your house or apartment, or maybe you want to start a fitness business and are looking at which treadmills are best for the gym, hotels or spas.
Strong Heart Means Good Health Condition and Your Beautifully Shaped Body
Regular cardio exercise can help you a lot to lose extra pounds, make your body more attractive and increase the level of endurance.
Many people that are looking for increasing muscle mass often times ignore the cardio training, focusing too much on powerlifting exercises.
It is important to bear in mind that this, on first sight, simple exercise, like walking or running in the open space or on a treadmill, or riding a bike, has a major positive influence on our muscular and cardiovascular system.
First of all, cardio training warms up all groups of muscles and, therefore, prepares them for the following powerlifting training sessions.
In consequence, you receive a better response of your muscles to your effort, and as an overall result, better shape and condition of your body.
Second, but no less important, your heart becomes healthier and stronger, when you perform regular cardio training.
Should I say how important it is to have a strong heart, especially, when you are on heavy and powerlifting training? Your veins and vessels become more resistant to the stress that you are exposed to during your powerlifting exercises.
Open Air Cardio Training Vs. Training in The Gym or At Home
Why should you choose treadmills, and not play sports in the nearest forest plantation, park or in the gym?
Well, this is completely your choice! I think there is nothing more useful for your health to go running in the open space where you can have fresh air.
But, unfortunately, this is not always possible, like during the rainy days, or when you live far away from parks or forests.
Going to the gym or having a treadmill at your home could be a good alternative.
Having a good treadmill in your own home gives you a lot of benefits. Because training at home is much more comfortable, more familiar and more convenient.
You will not depend on the weather conditions and will be able to train in any free minute you have.
This also allows you to combine your exercises with other activities you love, like watching TV, reading a book or a newspaper, listening to music and many more.
Most importantly, on modern treadmills, the ankle loads are much lower than when running on a hard surface. This can significantly reduce the number of injuries and sprains during exercise.
And also the presence of a treadmill nearby allows you to defeat more effectively your laziness 🙂
Because in order to go out, you need to guess with the weather, dress appropriately and go out, walk to the playground or to the gym.
When the treadmill is at your fingertips, you just need to take a step in its direction and you are already exercising near the TV, you can read your favorite book at the same time or do whatever activity you like.
This is a very simple life hack to improve your physical benefits, which allows you to do some other things at the same time.
What Things To Consider When Choosing To Buy a Treadmill For Home Use?
If you are looking to buy a treadmill for home use, there are certain criteria that you have to take into consideration in order to make a good choice that will satisfy you for many years to come. I will further explain these criteria and why they are so important.
1. Types of Treadmills
There are two different types of treadmills: manual, and motorized treadmills. The difference between them is the motor, so motorized treadmills have a motor or engine, and the manual doesn’t have.
Manual Treadmills – Advantages and Disadvantages
The main advantage of a manual treadmill is that it is fully autonomous. Instead of being powered by a motor, the running belt on manual treadmills is turned by your movement.
In order to be able to train on a manual treadmill, you don’t need electricity or wires. It can be placed on the terrace, in the yard, in the garage or gazebo. Other advantages of a manual treadmill include:
a) The Simplicity of Design and Reliability – this kind of treadmills are able to serve up to 10-15 years, without wearing out or failing because there is simply nothing to break into them;
b) Lightweight and Compact Size – since there is no electric motor in the design, this kind of treadmill is lighter and smaller than its electronic ”brothers”. That also means that they take up less space and can be moved from room to room a little easier.
c) Affordable Price – You can buy this kind of treadmill absolutely inexpensively. Besides, you do not have to pay for the electricity that is consumed during your training, as in the case of motorized treadmills.
d) The Naturalness of Running/Walking – On a manual treadmill, you can run or walk almost exactly the same way as you do on the ground, pushing off and applying a great force.
Many athletes, accustomed to running in stadiums or in forest parks, switch exclusively to mechanical devices.
With all the above-mentioned, still, there are some shortcomings of manual treadmills. Please note the following disadvantages of manual treadmills:
a) A High Load on The Legs, due to the necessity to move the belt manually can be hard on your hips and knees. This could potentially develop into the risk of varicose veins and thrombosis;
b) A High Load on The Elbows, as it is necessary to constantly hold onto the handrails and the inability to control running parameters and work according to programs; additionally, to help users gain the speed, manual treadmills are usually set at an incline, which means that you are constantly moving up-hill.
c) Reduced Efficiency is another minus. On such a treadmill it will not be possible to maintain a constant rhythm. When you get tired, the speed of movement will naturally decrease.
d) Lack of Many Different Features and Programs. Finally, manual treadmills don’t have all the nifty features of motorized versions, so it is important to understand that your manual treadmill experience will not be the same as on those fancy machines at the gym.
The Advantages and Disadvantages of The Motorized Treadmills
Motorized treadmills are much more popular than manual treadmills due to the presence of many different features. Let’s see what are their advantages:
a) A variety of built-in programs – you can set a constant speed and move in this rhythm throughout the workout; you can work according to different programs, accelerating and slowing down in the process of training.
An important feature of the electric treadmill is to make you run at the right pace, even if you are tired and want to give up.
b) A Built-in Computer – allows you to monitor running parameters, calorie consumption, distance traveled, number of heartbeats. Some models have a built-in screen for watching movies or playing music.
c) Smooth Running – if you have problems with the knees or ankle, it is recommended to train on an electric treadmill, as it reduces the load on the limbs and joints.
On the downside, motorized treadmills are more expensive, heavier and larger than manual treadmills. Also, motorized treadmills depend on the socket. Without electricity, this kind of machine cannot work and transforms into a manual treadmill.
In the process of working, an electronic treadmill makes less noise, so it is preferable in multi-storey buildings, where you will not bother the neighbors and interfere with your loved ones.
2. Width of The Running Belt
The main working surface on the treadmill is the running belt. Usually, the width of the running belt is between 40-51 cm. This is very important in terms of the security and comfort of your training.
If we train systematically during 10-20 minutes, we start to feel fatigued and chances are that we can step over the edge. Respectively, the wider the running belt is, the better. This is the reason why it is so important to buy a treadmill with a wider running belt.
At the same time, when buying, be sure to consider the availability of free space in the room. Typically, for the home are used 40-45 cm models, 50-60 centimeter for gyms, and the wider the running belt, the cooler the gym.
Also, when we are running on a treadmill, we always have to take care that our leg lays down smoothly on the running belt. If the running belt is wide enough, then we naturally don’t have to pay that much attention to this aspect and we are free to calmly enjoy our training, without having to look at the running belt that much.
If possible, try out treadmills of various widths – you should feel comfortable when standing on it and take a full step while moving.
3. Length of The Running Belt
The length of the running belt is also a very important aspect to consider. As in the case of its width, the longer the belt is, the better. Usually, the length of the running belt is between 110 and 145 cm.
This is important due to the fact that the more we are running, the higher is our speed and the greater is the length of our steps.
Please note that the running belt can stretch over time. This can be easily fixed using special adjustments inside the running belt. Also, it is important to keep the running belt clean, keep track of if there are some particles of sand or dust and remove them from there.
4. The Thickness of The Running Belt
Thick orthopedic belts are the best choice you can make. Again, as in the case of the width and length of the running belt, the thicker the running belt is, the better. Thick orthopedic belts serve as shock-absorbers.
5. The Power of the Motor
This is another important thing to consider when choosing a treadmill. Especially, if you are planning to walk on a treadmill, the load on the engine is twice as much as if we run.
When we are running, our body for 50% of the time is in flight. When we are walking, one of our feet is is constantly on the running belt. In consequence, the pressure on the running belt is much higher.
As I have said above, it is important to keep the running belt clean and lubricate it in a timely manner. If sand or dust gets under the running belt, the friction force is many times more and the pressure on the motor is much higher.
If the motor of a treadmill is weak, chances are it will overheat quickly and break down. It is better even not take into consideration to buy this kind of treadmills, for example, with one horsepower motor.
For instance, the biggest pressure on the motor is during the startup of a treadmill. Treadmills with one horsepower motor could even not handle this launch task.
Another danger with this kind of treadmills is that due to the weak motor, the running belt could stop at any moment and you can fall down. That is why it is better to consider treadmills with at least 2 horsepower motor.
For your information, gyms are using treadmills with at least 3 horsepower motor. The more powerful the motor is, the better and longer it will last and serve you.
Tip: When starting up the treadmill, never do not stand on the running belt, because at this moment the pressure on the motor is the highest. Always put your legs on the bars along the running belt, start the machine and only when the running belt has started to move, you can safely begin your training.
6. Treadmill Lifting Capacity
If you choose a treadmill for yourself, then consider your weight, if for the whole family – then the weight of the heaviest person. If the device is purchased for a fitness center, then it is best to take units with maximum load capacity.
Tip: Always add a margin of 15% of your weight so that the machine does not work for wear at maximum loads. For example, if your weight is 80 kg, then buy a treadmill with a lifting capacity of 95 kg, if 100 – 115, etc. This will extend the life of the device by 2-3 times.
Shock-absorption is a very important thing. It can be achieved through three elements. These are:
a) good quality sneakers, which can reduce the dynamic pressure on our knees;
b) good quality running belt, the perfect version – thick and orthopedic;
Did you know what is the main difference between a treadmill for home use and a professional treadmill, that is used in the fitness-gym? It is a shock-absorption system.
Usually, treadmills for home use absorb much better than professional ones, due to the fact that professional treadmills are designed for sportsmen, who usually are running on a tough surface like asphalt.
This is the reason why treadmills for home use take better care of joints than professional treadmills. But, at the same time, professional treadmills are more suitable for sports, because, in professional sports, knees don’t have enough time to wean from the load.
8. The Possibility of Folding
The presence of a lifting mechanism allows you to fold the treadmill, if necessary. Due to the folding option, the treadmill takes less space, which might be important in terms of home use. In respect to the fitness center, there is no need for the folding mechanism.
9. Electronic Dashboard
Technology such as Bluetooth/WiFi connectivity, large touch-screens, USB ports, heart rate monitoring, enhanced running programs, – all these and other features you can easily manage through an electronic dashboard. These enhance your workout and push you to train harder.
This also includes the feature of up-hill running, which automatically lifts the running belt and you can run uphill. This is adding load to your body. You can change this automatically, during your exercise. This is very cool and comfortable.
If your treadmill doesn’t have this feature, when you want to change the position of the running belt from straight to uphill, you need to stop your exercise, step out from the running belt, press a certain lever that is responsible for lifting your running belt and only then you can step on your treadmill and continue your training. This is so much uncomfortable, I must say!
It is very good to have a built-in fan that is integrated into a treadmill. A fan will make your training more comfortable.
Ideally when you have an air conditioner in the room where you are training, because it is very difficult to train in a stuffy room.
10. Manufacturers Quality and Reputation
Another thing you should look at is the brand of treadmill you are considering to buy. Ask yourself, how long has the company been making treadmills, and what do people say about their products? Find answers to these questions and you will be much more prepared and informed.
Which manufacturer of treadmills is the best? Well, obviously, there is no definite answer to this question. Each manufacturer has its own advantages and nuances.
Nowadays, there are European, American and Asian companies that are engaged in the production of treadmills. European manufacturers are leading in terms of price and quality, Taiwanese and Chinese in the number of different features, American – in terms of the durability of service.
Anyway, we all are aware of the fact that, due to the globalization process, almost all products are being made nowadays in China and Taiwan.
11. Durability and Warranty
You want to purchase a treadmill that will last a long time for you, right? One of the indicators of how well built the machine is is weight capacity, so this is another important thing to consider.
You also want a treadmill that will not require you to replace parts and that is backed by a good warranty. A good warranty usually means a warranty that is longer than 1-2 years and is provided by the manufacturer.
12. Where Are You Going To Use Your Treadmill?
This is the last question you have to ask yourself. If you have a dedicated area specifically for the treadmill and can leave the tread platform down all the time, then I would recommend looking at a non-folding option, like, for example, the NordicTrack incline trainers.
Instead, if you are someone who needs to keep your treadmill in a small space, then a folding option is your best choice. When you decide upon the place where you are going to put your treadmill, please be aware that it is not recommended to install the machine next to a wall.
This is recommended due to security issues. In case if your treadmill is located too close to a wall, and, for any reason, you fall down during your training, you can considerably harm yourself.
For sure, you don’t want this to be your case, so please, leave at least a few meters between the treadmill and a wall or any other piece of furniture.
Best Treadmills For Fitness Center
In this section, I will talk about the advanced and super-powerful treadmills that are designed for fitness centers, hotels, and spas. This means that they are crafted in order to serve a large flow of workouts during the whole day and day after day.
However, if you are a serious runner and athlete, who want to exercise in the comfort of your own home, you might be wanting to have a look at these machines as well.
1. NordicTrack Commercial Treadmill Series 2950
When it comes to fitness, so much of it is about giving results. I am here to show you why the NordicTrack Commercial 2950 is one of the best treadmills on the market.
NordicTrack has been manufacturing fitness equipment since 1975 and nowadays, it is one of the leading companies in the industry.
NordicTrack includes 1 Year iFit Membership with your purchase. If you don’t know yet, iFit is a cool fitness program that includes personal coaching, virtual classes, destination workouts, and programs, expertly crafted to give you new experiences every day, while helping you achieve results, that you will feel and see.
iFit is your personal trainer at your home, where your trainer controls live your speed, incline, decline and duration of each and every prescribed workout.
Let’s see some key features of NordicTrack Commercial:
- 22″ Smart HD Touchscreen brings every workout to life;
- Next, one of my favorite features is FlexSelect cushioning deck, with 3% incline all the way up to 15% decline, you are going to feel the ups and downs as if you would be climbing the mountains of Hawaii.
- Space-Saver Design with EasyLift Assist allows you to fold up this treadmill. NordicTrack has pioneered the space-saver design because they know that spacing your home is so much valuable.
- The size of the tread belt is optimized between 50 cm width and 152 cm length to give you a long and powerful stride.
- 4.25 CHP commercial plus motor;
- 300 lb. User Capacity;
- Bluetooth Audio Capabilities
- Dual AutoBreeze workout fans
- 40 onboard workout programs, that can be used even without the iFit, in case you don’t want to pay for it after the first year expires.
- Warranty: Frame and Motor is backed up by a lifetime warranty; 5 years warranty on parts and electronics; 2 years warranty on labor.
- Heavy. With a weight of 364 pounds (165 kg), this is a pretty heavy machine, so please take this into consideration if you are planning to move your treadmill from room to room. Also, take into account where you want to place it first because this thing will not fit through a standard door without some creative sideways sliding action.
Tip: When you get it out of the box I suggest you install the piston first so you can roll it to where you want in the house without needing a special team to assist you. In this way, the deck is locked up and you can just wheel it around.
- Difficult to Install on Your Own. It is highly recommended to call a professional for assembly of the machine.
- The Price. NordicTrack Commercial 2950 is available for &2,699, which may be a bit expensive.
Exercising on NordicTrack Commercial means interactive, personal training in your own home, on your time. Click the link below if you are interested in this treadmill and see what other customers are saying about this machine:
2. Precor TRM 835 Commercial Treadmill
Precor has been building commercial-grade equipment to withstand the repetitive, rigorous workouts of health clubs, hotels, and spas for years, so they have already earned their reputation on quality and durability.
Precor TRM 835 Commercial treadmill is a high-performance commercial treadmill, one of the Precor’s top-performing and most popular machines.
The TRM 835 is the mid-range model in Precor’s new Experience Serial Commercial Treadmills, – a series of treadmills designed for comfort, performance, and reliability.
What I do like about Precor 835 Commercial treadmill are the following features:
- Its Ergonomic Design – The special stride support feature and Ground Effects Impact Control System made for an incredibly smooth and natural feeling experience both running and walking. Precor has designed this model to include deck features that actually adapt to your personal stride while keeping the deck sturdy and centered for reduced stress on the joints and increased safety.
- Workout Programs – 25 preset workout programs make this treadmill the perfect workout machine for variety. From custom weight loss programs to 5K runs or walks, you can choose the right program based on individual goals and skill levels.
- Deck – The size of deck is 55 cm in width and 152 cm in length. Therefore, the extra-long deck and wide running area are ideal for users of all shapes and sizes. The belt is also reversible and made with multiply pre-waxed polyester for non-required maintenance and improved durability.
- Console – The redesigned P30 console features level motion controls for easy changes in speed or inclines with the tap of a lever and an LEd screen that is designed to offer users basic fitness stats that are organized and easy to read. This console includes the QuickStart key and a numeric keypad in addition to the motion controls.
- Built-in Touch Sensor for heart rate monitoring;
- Lifetime warranty on frame and welds;
- Available in black and silver colors.
- No Entertainment Options. One of the things that I don’t really like in the TRM 835 Commercial treadmill is that the machine is not compatible with either Apple or Android devices, and features no sound system or place to plug-in devices.
- The Price is Pretty Much High. While Precor is a trusted brand in the commercial treadmill arena, this model has very few differences from the less expensive TRM 631 Commercial Series Treadmill.
While the TRM 835 Commercial is a well-built and durable treadmill that will last years and years.
The TRM offers a steep incline and decline, perfect for working multiple groups of muscles and simulating varying terrain, and the impressive number of workout programs provides great variety to users who have varying workout goals and fitness needs.
Although it is expensive, it will keep the owner satisfied as it is reliable, well-built and sturdy. Click the link below if you want to take a closer look at this treadmill and learn from other customers’ experience:
3. Life Fitness 95T Elevation Series Commercial Grade Treadmill
LifeFitness is another reputable brand that operates in the market since 1968, with its headquarters in Chicago, USA. Since its initiation, this transnational corporation has been the world-leading producer of high-class fitness equipment under Life Fitness and Hammer Strength brands.
The main features of Life Fitness 95T Elevation Series Treadmill are as follows:
- The premium Life Fitness 95T Elevation Series Treadmill combines the comfort of FlexDeck technology with enhanced user engagement.
- The integrated 15″ Life Fitness Engage Console with touch screen technology, TV, iPod, and iPhone music/video, and FM radio puts entertainment at your fingertips. With this feature, you can use the USB connectivity and LFconnect Website to create workouts, save personal settings and track results. Workout Landscape TM Perspectives motivates and Zoom feature enables you to view your workout data in a larger mode.
- The Treadmill’s Tablet Console is where your digital life meets your workout experience. The third generation of touch screen consoles redefines the workout experience with the most advanced technology. The 19 integrated LCD touch screen features an abundance of entertainment options; enhanced interaction; internet connectivity and much more.
- DX3 lubricant-infused belt system with Advanced Belt Tracking System Lifespring TM shock absorbers deliver smooth cushioning throughout the deck. This means that you don’t have to worry about the regular manual lubrication of the deck which is quite comfortable and cool. Stride Sensor Stops the belt when you leave the treadmill. Activity ZoneTM places the most used controls within easy reach Powerful 4-HP motor. (8-HP Peak) features a low decibel level so you can experience and enjoy the quiet operation of this machine.
- Maximum User Weight: 400 lbs (181 kg)
- Power Requirements: Dedicated 120 volts/20 amp circuit (voltage may vary outside the U.S.)
- Running Surface: 22″ x 60″ (55 cm x 152 cm) Length: 80″ (203 cm) Width: 37″ (94 cm) Height: 62.25″ (158 cm) Unit Weight: 444 lbs (201 kg) Step-up Height: 10″ (25 cm).
- Warranty: 1 year certified Life Fitness warranty on parts and labor warranty.
- Pretty Heavy. In case if you decide to buy Life Fitness 95T Elevation Series Treadmill, please take into consideration that this machine is pretty heavy (with 444 lbs (201 kg), which makes its installation difficult. Anyway, this can be easily solved with the help of a dedicated team of specialists.
- Short Time Warranty. Life Fitness offers only 1 Year of Warranty on parts and labor, shorter than other brands in the same price range.
Click the link below if you are interested in this treadmill and see what other customers are saying about this machine:
4. TechnoGym Excite Run 700 Commercial Treadmill
TechnoGym is now a big wellness company, that was started in 1980 by two Italian brothers. One of the brothers has designed and build his first machine in his garage at the age of 22.
Thus, combining his passion for technology (TECHNO) and for sports (GYM), TechnoGym brand was created.
The TechnoGym Excite Run 700 is a great treadmill for all level bodies workout and great for a cardio workout, predominantly, from full running to safe and slow walking mode.
You generally got a lot of great cushioning behind the unit and more importantly, it is a very informative treadmill, giving you the information about everything from heart rate control, user programs, iPod, internet, fans, and the soft touch screen.
- Heart Rate: Contact Heart Rate | Polar Compatible;
- Deck: Natural Impact Shock Absorption System;
- Programs: 14 Workouts + Fitness Test;
- Additional Features: Fast Track Joystick Control;
- Display Readouts: time, distance, calories burned, speed, incline, and heart rate;
- Dimensions: 86″ X 37″ X 59″
- Treadmill Weight: 430lbs (195 kg);
- Powerful Motor: 6.0 HP AC
- Belt Width: 20” (50 cm);
- User Capacity: 400 lbs (181 kg)
- Speed: 0.5 – 14.2 mph
- Incline: 0% – 15%
- TV: Wellness TV System Compatible with optional add-on TV.
- Heavy, not recommended to install on your own. Besides that, this is an additional service that you will have to pay extra.
Anyway, The TechnoGym Excite Run 700 is the best treadmill in its category. Click the link below to take a closer look at this machine:
Best Treadmills For Home Use
Treadmills for home use usually have less powerful motor than commercial treadmills as it is expected less load on the treadmill during the day.
Otherwise, you can easily find almost all the fashionable features that commercial treadmills include.
ProForm is a fitness equipment company that has been manufacturing treadmills since 1980. Thus, with over 30 years of operation, this is another reputable brand that you can rely on.
In its early days, ProForm revolutionized the treadmill industry with the now world-famous SpaceSaver® fold-away design.
ProForm PFTL60916 505CST comes with a 30 day, free membership to iFit Coach. With this cool feature, you will enjoy thousands of on-demand workouts in a virtual studio all around the world.
Expert trainers will personalize your settings for each workout. You are able to connect also via smartphone to your equipment. The console must be active by registering.
In order to be able to use the treadmill without the iFit program, simply hold on the iFit button for about 15-30 seconds and you will be ready to go!
Otherwise, go to www.ifit.com to activate and redeem your one-month iFit membership and activate your equipment for unlimited workout programs and experiences.
Let’s see what are the main features of ProForm PFTL60916 505CST:
- 2.5 CHP Mach Z commercial motor;
- 0-10 % quick incline control;
- Large LCD window;
- 18 workout Apps;
- 0 to 10 MPH Quick Speed control;
- The Size of the Running Area: 20 x 55 inches tread belt, ProShox cushioning;
- Ekg heart rate monitor will allow you to observe the bits and dynamic of your heart;
- With compatible music port for iPod, you are able to enjoy your favorite playlist!
- Space Saver design gives you the possibility to have more space and comfort in your home;
- 325 lb (148 kg) weight capacity and 1.9 inches balanced rollers;
- Warranty: Train in confidence with this treadmill protected by a Lifetime frame Warranty, 25-year motor warranty, and 1-year warranty on parts and labor.
- Customer Service. People that have used ProForm treadmill, claim long waiting time for a response from the customer service.
- Credit Card Info. You may be required to fill in your credit card information when registering your treadmill with iFit program.
With these few downsides, ProForm PFTL60916 505CST is an excellent choice. Click the link below to have a closer look at this machine, as well as to see what other customers are saying about this treadmill:
2. Bowflex Results Series Treadmills BXT216
Bowflex is an American company that specializes in the production of high gym-quality equipment for home. They are operating in the industry since 1986.
Nowadays, they continue to develop breakthrough solutions, expanding beyond the home gym to include innovative cardio and strength products that fit every need.
The Bowflex Results Series BXT216 is their premium treadmill that provides unparalleled performance. With innovative real-time custom workout creation, free entertainment and connectivity options, and bold new design, the BXT216 is top of the line.
Walk, jog or run your way to incredible results with this Bowflex BXT216. It was built to withstand the toughest workouts while delivering the connectivity, technology, and motivation you need.
The innovative Burn Rate console not only displays the total calories burned but incorporates a dynamic display that shows you the total calories you’re burning every minute – pushing you to go further, faster and achieve better results in less time.
Here is what you will find at this machine:
- Technology – “Burn” meter lets you gauge/adjust workouts to your personal comfort level. 9″ full color, backlit LCD screen with 11 simplified “push and go” intuitive workout programs. Create and save workouts with real-time custom programming. The machine also tracks your improvements and gives you feedback depending on the user you are logged in with. Logging in is literally a press of a button, you can save multiple users.
- Performance & Quality – 4.0 CHP continuous horsepower motor; Integrated handrail speed & incline controls; Motorized incline up to 15% to vary workout intensity. This machine is for use on a nominal 120V circuit.
- Bluetooth connectivity – Capture your entire fitness journey and sync with the free Results Series App; or synchronize with the free RunSocial App and run through 19 locations with 27 routes alongside friends in real-time.
- Comfort Tech Design – This is the gold standard for impact absorption, providing a softer and broader sweet spot for every step and unparalleled support. The extra spacious 22″ x 60″ running path was designed to simulate the freedom of the open road.
- Soft Drop – When it comes to saving space, Bowlex takes pride in engineering compact products that fit nearly any room of your home. The BXT216’s Soft Drop design delivers the promise of safety with a gas shock folding system that provides a gentle descent every time.
- Comfort & Usability – Includes integrated grip heart rate sensors and chest strap. Silicon, LED color lit buttons that boast quality, comfort to the touch, and visual engagement and motivation. USB charging port, MP3 player, in-console speakers.
- 4.0 CHP Motor;
- Automatic 3-Speed Fan;
- Several slots for water bottles to fill.
- The Treadmill Weight: 341 pounds (155 kg);
- Weight Capacity: 375 lbs/ 170 kg;
- Gym-quality machine size and weight. With over 300 pounds unity weight, the heaviest part of it – the treadmill (deck), so if you don’t have anyone to help you put it down where you want it assembled, then you might want to have someone there. Once you have it assembled, it is very easy to set it down as it has easy to follow instructions.
- There are no wheels so it is quite difficult to move it when folded.
- A little bit too pricey, but you get what you pay for.
Bowflex is a solid and sturdy treadmill that is fantastic for regular cardio training. Click the link below to see what other customers are saying about this machine as well as have a closer look at it yourself:
3. Precor TRM 425 Precision Series Treadmill
Besides commercial treadmills, Precor also produces club-quality equipment for your home. With Precor, you don’t have to worry anymore about gym memberships, no waiting for equipment, no judgment feeling.
It is just you, your fitness goal and a convenient solution sitting right in the next room that guarantees results.
If you are seeking a stable, reliable and fully-featured commercial treadmill made for your home, the Precor Treadmill TRM 425 is the answer.
With some of the features like the touch sensor and wireless heart rate monitoring, SmartRate target heart zone monitoring, 9 pre-programmed workouts add variety to your fitness routine, speed and incline controls from our commercial series and no required maintenance come standard. The 425 will help keep you moving toward your fitness goals.
The main features of Precor TRM 425 Precision Series Treadmill are as follows:
- Integrated Foot plant Technology reduces stress on knees, ankles, and hips by adjusting the belt speed to match the natural movement of your feet.
- Patented Ground Effects Impact Control technology uses precisely engineered shock absorbers to provide the perfect amount of cushioning.
- Powerful 3.0 CHP Motor;
- 9 preset workouts help you stay challenged; built-in warm-up and cool-down periods.
- Treadmill deck adjusts from +15% incline to -2% decline to simulate the ultimate in terrain variety
- The touch sensor and wireless heart rate monitoring; works with any Polar-compatible wireless heart rate transmitter (Note: it is sold separately).
- Warranty: 10-year on parts & wear items; 3-year on the console; 1-year labor; lifetime frame & welds.
What I do like about this machine is its ergonomic design. The frame of the TRM 425 is ergonomically sound with premium full-length handlebars, an oversized centered console with large dome-style keys, and special stride support to accommodate your personal stride.
The console area also includes two oversized water bottle holders, a large accessories tray and a tablet reading rack that are easily accessible and in reach while running or walking.
The next thing I am in love with is a brand new 5-inch high contrast LCD screen with acrylic overlay, It is both attractive and easy to use.
The display screens are divided into zones to keep personal workout data, workout metrics, and program details separate and organized.
This model comes with both touch and Wireless Heart Rate Monitoring capabilities, and the chest strap transmitter (which works with any Polar compatible transmitter) is included.
You can easily access the SmartRate Zone heart rate monitoring program on the console to determine what zone you are working in.
Featuring a continuous duty 3.0 HP motor means that the horsepower is maintained throughout the workout for a steady, durable motor, that will endure workout after workout.
- Too Little Workout Programs. At the price that Precor TRM 425 is being sold, you would expect a treadmill at this price point to offer more than 9 preset workout programs. Programs include basic interval options, as well as hill climbs and cross country.
- No fans. Most consoles have a built-in fan to keep you cool while working out, but the TRM 425 lacks this basic feature.
- Heavy. This product is over 300 lbs, which means Precor carriers may not be able to bring this item to your front door.
- Pricey. It is expensive, but all the features it has, worth the price for a long time to come.
- If you want to connect your iPad with the internal headphones, you will have to additionally buy a male to male cord.
- No USB Port and Device Charging.
If you are a serious runner, wanting to exercise from the comfort of your home, then Precor TRM 425 is for you. This unit offers the best of both worlds: a well-built machine with a highly intuitive console.
The treadmill does lack when it comes to the sound system and entertainment features, but it is hard to beat Precor when it comes to quality treadmills with impressive warranties. Click the link below to have a closer look at Precor TRM 425 Precision Series Treadmill:
4. SOLE F80 Treadmill
Sole Fitness features a full line of award-winning fitness equipment: treadmills, ellipticals, and exercise bikes.
It is one of the few companies that over the past decades has combined leading positions in both the home and professional commercial fitness equipment segment.
Sole Fitness treadmills meet high standards of quality and functionality, which provides the company with a serious technological advantage and high competitiveness.
The main priority of the company at all stages of development was attention to the consumer, so Sole Fitness pays a lot of attention to details.
In Sole Fitness treadmills, all technical and functional nuances are thought out, the products have convenient ergonomics, perfect technical characteristics, and individual design.
In addition, the company seeks to maintain a flexible pricing policy, being the best in terms of price and quality in its category.
Many models are the winners of the world’s leading fitness ratings and fall into the Best Buy recommendations.
Sole F80 is one of the treadmills in Sole’s line of products designed for home use.
Let’s see what are the main features of Sole F80:
- 3.5 CHP Motor;
- Large Running Surface: 22″ by 60″;
- 9″ LCD Backlit Display screen. It shows you your incline and distance, your speed and calories burned and the overall time of your training.
- Cushion Flex Suspension System.
- It is a super quiet machine. It runs about 60-78 dB
- Includes an integrated tablet holder and USB port.
- Heart rate monitoring: Pulse grips and Chest strap compatible. Tracking your heart rate in this way you get the most accurate data. However, with this heart rate monitoring, when you are first started to run, it takes a couple of minutes to display an accurate reading of data.
- Incline and Decline are controlled down by Start/Stop and On Handles.
- Programs: 10; 2 of them are individual programs where you can customize your workout based on certain stats about yourself. You can also do a heart rate customized workout where you set a certain heart rate and you do your exercise from there.
- 2 Cooling Fans included with adjustment options;
- Size of running surface: 22″ x 60″.
- Maximum User Capacity: Supports up to 357 lbs (170 kg);
- 5 storage cubbies, where you can have your water bottles;
- MP3 Plug where you can plug in your phone or MP3 player and it will project the sound from the two speakers; There is also a plug for your headphones in case you prefer more in this way.
- Lifetime Warranty on Deck, Frame, and Motor; 5 years warranty on parts and 2 years warranty on labor;
- Easy Assist Folding Unit. Sole F80 is a folding treadmill, so it is perfect for people who don’t have a dedicated area for a treadmill. It has wheels so it is very easy to fold and move so you can kind of store or move it up away after you have finished your exercise. It is super light so you can move it all by yourself.
- There is no volume control on the console, so you will have to adjust it from your device.
- Not Many Options In Terms of Workout Programs. This can be a downside for you if you are looking for more options like a beginner, intermediate or advanced. Instead, it is a great choice for those of you who want to step on the treadmill, hit the button and start running. You don’t have to through a bunch of options or think which one to pick.
- The other thing which I don’t like about this machine is that the handlebars don’t extend very far back. So, walking on it may feel a little insecure, because the feet easily hit the belt cover and you will have to stand back which takes you away from the handlebars. Anyway, this is something you can get used to. If you are an excellent runner and you don’t plan your foot in front of yourself, then you probably don’t have to worry about it.
So, this is basically a classic gym quality treadmill for home use at an affordable price. It is not a super tech-heavy, it is great for people who want to get on and start running.
What I like about this Sole F80 treadmill is that it is ready to go almost instantly after you flip the ‘On’ switch. Having the speed and incline buttons on the handlebars, that’s pretty handy.
Sole F80 is of good and solid build quality and it is a good option for anyone who is up 300 lbs. Featuring simple options, Sole F80 is perfect for walkers, joggers, and even runners.
Click the link below to take a closer look at this machine as well as to learn from other customers experience:
5. NordicTrack C990 Treadmill
If you are looking for a gym-quality treadmill that you can use in your home, you may want to look at NordicTrack C990 Treadmill.
- iFit Enabled – Maximize your exercise with limitless training options. Run anywhere in the world with Google Maps, get daily workouts, access HD video training program, compete with friends, record your stats, and much more!
- 7 Inch web-enabled touchscreen – Allows you to stay in control of your workout. Due to this feature, you can quickly view your speed, time, distance, calories burned, heart rate, incline, and decline on the large, easy to read display. Additionally, powered by iFit, the 7-inch full-color touchscreen allows you to create custom Google Maps training routes anywhere in the world. iFit will automatically display the Street View of your course on the screen. The touchscreen is Web-enabled so you can also go online while you work out.
- 3.0 CHP Drive System – Train safer, longer and quieter. Built with a bigger motor case for less vibration and dual cooling fans for less heat. This 3.0 continuous horsepower motor delivers lasting power that’s smooth and consistent;
- 0 to 12 percentage incline with the touch of a button, you can quickly adjust your incline anywhere from 0 percent to 15 percent to change your workout intensity and add variety to your training. With a 3.0 continuous horsepower motor, the C 990 is capable of taking your workout up to a 12-percent incline to help you burn more calories. When you create a Google Maps training route, iFit will automatically adjust your incline to simulate the natural terrain.
- Get professional training with 32 preloaded workouts designed by Certified personal trainers. Choose from calorie, heart rate control, incline, and speed workout programs.
- 20 x 60-inch tread belt. This tread belt is specifically designed to reduce noise and friction for a quieter workout and longer-lasting product. It is also stretch resistant and engineered to stay centered on the deck.
- Custom Cushioning – Choose Cushion or Hard Road Feet. This 20-by-60-inch tread belt is padded with FlexSelect cushioning which adjusts to your preference. A half-turn of a knob activates the cushion, while another half turn offers a firm surface that feels like running on the road for those Google Maps routes on iFit.
- 300 pounds user weight capacity;
- Unit Weight -223 pounds (101 kg);
- Adjustable Tablet Holder adjusts to your preferred viewing angle so you can enjoy your favorite movies, music, and shows while you work out. It is fixed above the console so it doesn’t block your touchscreen.
- SpaceSaver Design allows you to fold your machine for ultimate floor space maximization. The telescoping EasyLift shock assists with the heavy lifting.
- Intermix Acoustics Sound System – Connect your iPod or other music devices to your machine to hear your favorite workout playlist projected through dual 2-inch speakers.
- AutoBreeze Fan keeps you cool and comfortable by adjusting its speed to match your workout intensity.
- Balanced Non-flex Rollers will give you the possibility to easily move/roll the machine to other locations.
- Warranty – The C 990 Treadmill comes guaranteed with a lifetime frame and motor warranty, a 3-year parts warranty, and a 1-year labor warranty.
- Customer Service. People that have used NordicTrack C990 treadmill, claim long waiting time for a response from the customer service.
- Although it Requires Signing up and Paying a Fee either for each month, year or 2 years (best deal), the integration with iFit is what makes this treadmill special. At the same time, if you don’t want to use iFit, you can still use other internet functions.
Click the link below to take a closer look at this treadmills, as well as to see what other customers are saying about this product:
6. Horizon Fitness T202 Treadmill
Horizon Fitness is another reputable brand that has been producing high-quality in-home fitness equipment since 1999.
The four pillars of the brand are Convenient Features to fit your life, Durable Components to stand the test of time, Premium Quality at value prices, and Warranty Protection you can trust.
Horizon Fitness T202 Treadmill has the following features:
- Powerful, 2.5 CHP Motor;
- Extended 20″ x 60″ Deck that means more room to your run. Whether you are a sprinter or a jogger, this size of the deck provides all the space and comfort you need to run at your pace. Besides that, all Horizon treadmill decks are built with 3-Zone Variable Response Cushioning to give you the ideal amount of flex and support in all phases of your stride.
- Bluetooth Connectivity – Advanced Bluetooth connectivity synchronizes your device to your treadmill’s integrated speakers to stream media with a crisp, vibrant stereo sound. Now it’s easy to follow along with your coach’s prompts, tune into your favorite show, or sweat it out to motivating music.
- Built-in Device Holder – The built-in device holder makes it easy to keep your tablet or phone in view for entertainment or instructor-led exercise classes. This sturdy holder will keep your device safe even during hard runs. And it’s perfectly placed for optimal viewing.
- Rapid Charge USB Port will not let your low battery to slow you down from your training. The rapid-charge USB port keeps your device fully powered during long runs. In this way, you will complete your workout fully charged and ready to face whatever is next.
- Connect to Top Fitness App. Includes free app to control your workout and push data to favorite fitness Apps, plus device holder and rapid-charge USB port
- Quickly shift speed and incline with one-touch keys, quick-rotating Dial and handlebar controls.
- Item Weight: 172 pounds (78 kg);
- Item Capacity: 250 pounds (113 kg).
- Weak fan. Some of the customers have reported that the incorporated treadmill fan is pretty weak.
- Not Very Sturdy. The front frame of the treadmill is stable, but still moveable if you wiggle it.
Overall, Horizon Fitness T202 Treadmill is a good gym-sized treadmill for home use and at affordable price.
With Horizon Fitness T202 Treadmill, you can say goodbye to boring workouts by connecting to motivating media and guided classes. You will be surprised how quiet it can work!
If you want to take a closer look at this Horizon Fitness T202 Treadmill, click the link below:
7. LifeSpan TR1200i Folding Treadmill
LifeSpan is a company that is dedicated to benefiting the way people work, exercise, and live in sustainable, healthy ways.
Since they introduced the brand in 2001, their quality products and innovative vision have inspired fitness and wellness as a way of everyday life.
By specializing in solutions created uniquely for the home, gym, workplace, and everywhere in between, LifeSpan is helping to empower individuals to find better health regardless of the setting.
LifeSpan TR1200i Folding Treadmill is the best selling electric treadmill by Lifespan. Foldable and portable capability turns this motorized running machine into a small compact size.
So, if you are looking for a treadmill for a small size location, LifeSpan TR1200i may be the right option.
The main features of LifeSpan TR1200i Treadmill are as follows:
- Step-up Height: 7.5 inches;
- Heavy-duty and high capacity 2.5 HP motor;
- Large 20″ x 56″ walking belt surface, is supported by 6 compression shock absorbers to provide safe cushioning for your knees, back, and joints; 15 levels of adjustable incline.
- Quiet and lightweight manual fold for space-saving and storable purposes in your office or home.
- Console tracks time, calories, distance, speed, and more.
- 21 training programs targeting weight loss, healthy living, sports training, and heart rate programs with Bluetooth connectivity.
- To help track your workout, the treadmill automatically records your exercise data to a USB storage device for upload to your Club account.
- Lifetime Warranty on frame and motor. a three-year warranty on parts, and a one-year labor warranty.
- 300-pound User Weight limit.
- The Unit Weight: 250 pounds (113 kg).
- The on-off toggle switch is located at floor level on the front of the treadmill necessitating a stretch to turn it on and off.
- Heart Rate Monitor is not included. Heart rate monitor is specific to this manufacturer meaning if you have a nice, high-quality heart rate monitor of another brand, you will not be able to use it. If you necessarily want to monitor your heart rate, you will need to buy an additional heart rate monitor from LifeSpan.
This LifeSpan TR1200i Treadmill is very easy to install on your own and this typically takes about one hour. All the tools needed for the installation process are included.
For the proper function of the treadmill, please remember to apply the belt lubricant before the first use of the treadmill.
Click the link below to have a closer look at this treadmill and see what other customers are saying about this product:
Best Treadmills For Lower Budgets (under 500$)
If you don’t want to pay a lot of money on expensive treadmills, you still can find a good treadmill for your taste.
Maybe treadmills for lower budgets don’t look so much impressive like their more expensive mates do, they include most of the features like LCD Display, Bluetooth Connectivity, at least 2.0 HP Motor, Tablet/Phone Holder, Incline Options and many more.
So, let’s go and check them out right now!
1. GoPlus 2.5 HP Folding Treadmill
GoPlus brand aims to provide customers with the exact products they are looking for high quality and favorable price, and make the shopping experience easy, safe and convenient. The main focus of product creation is on simplicity and usability.
Here is what you will find at GoPlus 2.5 HP Folding Treadmill:
- Heavy Duty Construction – This GoPlus treadmill is made of high-quality steel and its capacity is up to 250 lbs (113 kg).
- Foldable Design – Easy folding mechanism and a soft drop system to help you fold and unfold your treadmill safely and with ease.
- 2.5 HP Motor impulse motor delivers power for interval, speed, or endurance training. It is also very quiet, will absolutely not disturb your downstairs.
- Shock Absorption Design – Feature with 2 silicone pads, 1 on each side of the machine, which can reduce noise and help decrease vibration to your floor.
- EKG Grip Pulse – Sensitive heart rate is located on handrails and measure accurate pulse while working out.
- Smart Treadmill App – Through scanning the QR code on the treadmill, you can download a treadmill App to control and record the exercise data.
- Electric Ascension – Features with electric ascension function, the inclination can be adjusted from 0-15% for different workout intensity. It also has 3 quick adjustments of 3%/6%/9%.
- Adjustable Speed from 0.5MPH to 10MPH – The speed can be adjusted from 0.5-10MPH. It has 3 quick speed adjustment of 2/4/8MPH. You can choose different speed and inclination as you like for different training intensity.
- LCD Display – Features with 5″ LCD display, this treadmill provides great watching experience. It will show time, distance, calories burned, speed, pulse, inclination and so on. It is very convenient to read your exercise condition.
- Folding Design and 4 Casters – This treadmill can be folded to save space when not in use. It has 4 wheels for easy transportation.
- Size of the Running Area: 18″ w X 50″. This big rubber running belt provides a more comfortable and more stable workout experience.
This is a very good foldable treadmill for its price. I personally, didn’t find any downsides to this product. Click the link below if you want to see the product yourself or learn from other customers’ experience:
2. Aceshin Treadmills for Home
Aceshin treadmills are very popular treadmills due to their user-friendly design, their capacity to fit very well into small spaces and affordable price.
These features distinguish the Aceshin treadmill from others:
- APP Control and 3 Level Manual Incline – Advanced workout experience by connecting to the FitShow sports app, makes the treadmill operation much easier and bring more fun to exercise routines. The app is available for both iOS & Android and works with various devices such as phones, tablets through Bluetooth connectivity. At the same time, this machine is equipped with manual incline settings.
- Quiet and Safety 2.25 HP Motor – Low noise motor delivers power for interval, speed, or endurance training. The safety key connects you and the machine, and the emergency stop button is located on the handrail, which double protect you while working out.
- Multi-Functionality – 5″ backlit display that allows you to track progress in time, speed, distance, heart rate, and Calories Burned. Built-In item holder, MP3 connectivity, USB port, and 4D full angle Hi-Fi stereo system allow you to enjoy the time as you run.
- 12 Preset Training Programs;
- Adjustable Incline Level and Speed – The inclination of this treadmill could be manually adjusted in 3 levels. This will help you burn more calories, tone more muscle, and build greater endurance. The running speed of this treadmill could be adjusted from 0.5-7.5 MPH. You could choose different speed base on different workout purposes.
- Foldable & Easy to Storage – Easy folding mechanism and a soft drop system to help you fold and unfold your treadmill safely and easily. The treadmill is also equipped with transportation wheels that help you move the treadmill with ease. The size of the treadmill when folded is: 140 X 65 X 53cm/55.1 X 25.6 X 20.9inch. Unfolded Dimensions: 59.1 x 45.7 x 26.0 inch.
- Maximum Loading Weight: 265 lbs (120 kg).
- Running Belt Size: 47.2 x 15.7 inches.
- Manual Incline Only. So this treadmill could be inclined only manually. If you like this treadmill as a whole, but you feel like you want it to be automatically inclined, you may want to take a look ANCHEER Folding Treadmill T900.
In conclusion, this is a great treadmill for the price. I personally didn’t find any considerable downsides in this product. It is easy to put the treadmill together and it works very well.
If you want to take a close look by yourself at this treadmill or see what other customers are saying about this machine, simply click the link below:
3. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T4400 Treadmill
Sunny Health and Fitness have been in the industry for over 15 years now, helping customers achieve their unique fitness goals.
They are a premier distributor of high-quality health and fitness products carrying only the finest exercise equipment to ensure efficiency while you work out.
Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T4400 Treadmill is a motorized running machine with LCD Display, shock absorption, 220 lbs maximum weight and folding running belt.
It features 9 built-in workout programs, handrail controls, and phone or tablet holder that will add comfort and accessibility during any workout routine.
The soft drop system will assist you when opening the treadmill, avoiding a big slam or damage to your wood/carpet floor.
It also features an LCD screen that tracks your speed, time, distance, pulse and calories which makes it easier to track your fitness goals.
So, the main features of this SF-T4400 treadmill are:
- 2.2 HP Motor;
- Easy-To-Read LCD Display Console– 9 various programs to choose from. The speed range is 0.5 – 9 MPH. Measures time, distance, calories burned and pulse.
- Pause Function – Press the stop button once to stop the belt and pause your run while keeping your current data and running stats intact.
- Convenient Handrail Control Keys – With the latest technology, this treadmill offers user-friendly control keys right at your fingertips. You can start, stop, and adjust your speed with the built-in handrail controls.
- Soft Drop System – The soft drop mechanism assures safe, hassle-free unfolding every time. It allows you to fold your treadmill for storage and unfold your treadmill with ease. The treadmill is also equipped with built-in transportation wheels for easy relocation. Folded Dimensions are: 36L X 26W X 58.5H.
- 3 Manual Incline Levels – Choose between 3 options of incline levels and personalize the level of intensity of your workout. Incline Percent – 0%, 2%, 4.37%. So, these are very slightly inclined positions and this is perfect for someone who has a knee problem and needs to run as flat as possible.
- Maximum User Weight Capacity: 220 lbs (100 kg).
- Product weight: 103 lbs (46 kg).
- The Running Surface area: 48.8L x 15.75W inches.
Tip: You will need to lubricate your treadmill before the first use.
- No Automatic Incline. So this treadmill features manual incline only. If you are looking for an automatic incline, you may want to consider Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T7515 Smart Treadmill with Auto Incline.
If you want to have a closer look at this treadmill or see what other customers are saying about it, simply click the link below:
4. Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill
Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill is perfect for both light and intense workouts, as well as for those who are looking to lose weight.
Here is what features you are going to find at this Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill:
- Quiet 2.5 HP Impulse Max Motor – Work out at your speed with the Impulse Max motor, delivering power for interval, speed, or endurance training. This motor reduces noise as it cools internal components and is perfect for light or intense workouts.
- 16” x 50” Tread Belt Size – Stretch out your stride on this 16-inch by 50-inch deck. It is perfect for users of all heights, and you will be comfortable while you reach your fitness goals.
- Comfort Cell Cushioning – Reduce impact on your joints for a more comfortable workout and faster recovery time between workouts.
- 2-Position Adjustable Incline – Increase results and decrease the impact on your joints – greater incline is a double win. Quickly change the 2-position adjustable incline to burn more calories, tone more muscle, and build greater endurance.
- SpaceSaver Design – Fold it up when you are done with your training and walk away, in one easy step. With our SpaceSaver treadmill, you free up precious space in your home.
- Large LCD Display – Large LCD monitor tracks your speed, time, distance, and calories burned, making your training that much easier.
- 6 Weight Loss Workout Apps – If your fitness goal is to lose weight, then you must have this treadmill! It features 6 weight loss workout apps that will make this goal easily achievable.
- Item Weight: 118 lbs (53 kg).
- User Weight Capacity: 250 lbs (113 kg).
- Warranty: 90 Days on Motor, Parts, and Labor. In order to avoid added fees for the service needed under the warranty, you will need to register the product within 30 days of the purchase date.
- The Incline Is Manual.
- Very Short Warranty Period.
If you need a treadmill for walking or running and you don’t look after a lot of features and you don’t want to spend a bunch of money, this treadmill is for you.
Click the link below if you want to take a closer look at this treadmill, as well as to learn from other customers’ experience:
5. Merax Electric Folding Treadmill
This Merax Electric Folding Treadmill has been designed for your convenience and efficiency. On this treadmill, you are able to complete your home gym exercise with ease.
Powered by a strong but quiet 1.5HP motor, Merax folding treadmill is sturdy and reliable enough to withstand long-distance running sessions and support up to 240 lbs
12 various preset programs, which alternates between high and low-intensity workout sessions, as well as 3 count-down modes, help achieve speed between 0.5 – 7.5 MPH (0.8 – 12 KM/H) for meting your different fitness goals.
A large LCD display helps track all necessary performance including speed, time, distance and calories burnt to keep you constantly motivated.
So, here are the treadmill specifications and features in a nutshell:
- Real Space Saver – It is super fast and easy to assemble this treadmill. This Merax folding treadmill boasts a compact footprint and fast folding design with convenient transportation wheels to move around without hassle. You can either store it in your living room, study, a small corner or under the bed.
- Multi-functional Display with Speaker – Multi-functional LCD Display to track your performance in time, speed, distance, and calories burnt, promising a superior and effective home treadmill workout. Simply plug in your phone or insert USB flash drive, and you can emerge into training with your workout playlist. Phone/Pad deck available.
- Strong 1.5HP Motor – A smooth and quiet 1.5HP treadmill motor allows for 12 preset programs and 3 count-down modes, supports speeds ranging from 0.8 – 12 KM/H (0.5 – 7.5 MPH) to help you meet a variety of fitness goals.
- Convenient Shortcut Buttons – Quick buttons on handles help instantly start or stop the running machine or easily change speed settings during the workout. This Merax treadmill is also specially designed with a high-density lawn texture belt that absorbs shock for premium comfort with the non-slip feature for maximum safety.
- Merax Treadmill Product Size: 55” x 23.5” x 43”. Folded Size: 29.5” x 23.5” x 49”.
- Maximum Weight Capacity: 240 lbs (108 kg). To play music via the speaker, use flash drive only (.mp3 format). The USB port does not support playing music on the phone.
- The Size of Running Belt: 15.7” x 43.3” / 400mm x 1100mm;
- Product Weight: 64 lbs (30 kg);
- Warranty: This running machine comes guaranteed with a Lifetime frame and motor warranty and a 1-year parts warranty.
- No Incline Options.
In conclusion, this is a good treadmill for its price. Click the link below if you are interested in this machine and want to see what other customers are saying about this treadmill:
Best Treadmill Desks For Home/Office
Nowadays, we are living in so much rapid world that we are in that position when we have to be able to do all the different things that need to be done on time. Family issues, career development, health care and so many more things we all pursue in our lives.
On the other side, we are lucky to be born and live in the XXI century when the technological world makes our lives much easier.
One example of this is when you have the possibility to work and train at the same time. Isn’t it fantastic? You can do it with the help of the best treadmill desks for home (in case if you are working remotely) or office.
1. LifeSpan TR1200-DT7 Treadmill Desk Charcoal Frame with 48″ Desktop
Get in shape, burn calories, decrease stress levels, and reduce lower back pain, all while you are at the office working on this LifeSpan TR1200-DT7 treadmill desk.
The TR1200-DT7 blends most popular walking under desk treadmill and electric-height standing desk, making it the best fit for an individual or multiple users ranging from office teams, training classes, and conference areas.
With an adjustable height range of 27.5″ to 50.5” that you can easily adjust with the touch of a button, it’s simple to use and meets the various height requirements for users of all sizes.
With the new lower height range, it’s possible to place an exercise ball or stool on the treadmill, converting the treadmill desk into a seated desk in just a few seconds.
The main features of LifeSpan TR1200-DT7 treadmill desk are as follows:
- Adjustable in height from 27.5” to 50.5”;
- Quiet 2.25 HP Motor;
- Internal Cable Routing saves you from dealing with tangled cords, allowing you to fully concentrate on your work;
- Belt Size – 20″ Width x 50″ Length;
- Marked Belt – Because the motor of this treadmill desk is working so quiet, the marked belt allows you to identify the function of the treadmill when the belt is moving.
- Compact, Space-Saving Treadmill Design;
- Available in black, white and grey colors;
- Maximum User Weight – 350 lbs (158 kg);
- Product Weight: Treadmill: 114 lbs (52 kg); Desk: 86 lbs (40 kg);
- Bluetooth Connectivity allows you to wirelessly synchronize your activity data to an iPhone or Android smartphone using LifeSpan’s free LifeSpan app to track your progress over time.
- Safety – Intelli-Guard™ automatically pauses the walking belt when you step off.
- Intelli-Step™ is a step-counting feature that works like a pedometer and counts your steps while you walk.
- Mobility – Treadmill has 2 front-mounted transport wheels for easy mobility.
- Warranty: Lifetime on frame; Motor – 3 years; Parts – 2 years; Labor- 1 year.
- The incline is Not Available: Walking at an incline while working is not recommended by ergonomists as it takes your body out of a neutral position and places strain on your back and joints.
With LifeSpan TR1200-DT7, no one will know that you are working and walking at the same time. Click the link below to have a closer look yourself at this machine and see what other customers are saying about this product:
2. IPO Treadmill Smart Walk
If you are someone who is sitting in your office every day but wants to exercise, you probably want to take a look at IPO Treadmill Smart Walk. Its intelligent and slim design will make you love sports!
Here are the features that distinguish this treadmill from others:
- Intelligent Speed Control – You only need to plug in the power, walk three steps on the Smart Walk, and it will start automatically, without pressing any button. This is a breakthrough invention of “Intelligent Speed Control ” technology, the running speed is controlled by the human motion trajectory. You can control the speed as needed, restore the state of your outdoor sports. The slim treadmill subverts the traditional design, entering the smart sports century.
- Slim Minimalist Design – With a minimum height of only 1.85 inch, IPO Smart Walk breaks through the folding limit. Due to convenient transportation wheels, you can move it around without hassle. You could store it in your living room, study, a small corner or under the bed. The slim treadmill won the 2018 International Award – Red Dot Design Award, redefining future standards for treadmill design.
- Double Speed Mode – When the handrail does not rise, the highest speed is 3.73MPH, you can make a soft walk; when you want to jog, just raise the handrail, at this time the highest speed will automatically speed up to 4.97MPH. And 18-inch ultra-wide track is as wide as a traditional treadmill whether you want to walk slowly or run fast, it will satisfy you.
- Shock Absorption Running Belt – The walking treadmill adopting aerospace aluminum alloy material, has better resilience than the traditional steel, fundamentally reducing the collision between the human body and the running belt, so as to achieve the goal of protecting the knee. And the smart walk, made of a new composite material that makes the treadmill just 64 pounds lighter than a traditional treadmill by 200 percent, is truly a portable treadmill.
- Satisfied Guarantee – The manufacturer is offering a money-back guarantee, which traditionally means that if you have any problems with the product, you should contact the manufacturer and they will send you a replacement or full refund.
- 1-year warranty.
Speed: 0.6-8km/h / 0.37-4.97MPH
Running Belt Size: 47 x 18inch / 120 x 46cm
Product Size: 57 x 26 x 3.5inch / 145 x 66 x 9cm
Packing Size：59.6 x 28.7 x 4.9inch / 151.5 x 73 x 12.5cm
Product Weight：29kg / 63.9 pounds
Max User Weight：100kg / 220 pounds
Screen Size：56.5 x 7cm /22.2 x 2.75inch
Screen Display：Time, Steps, Distance
⭐ Tip: Before you start to use the treadmill, please add silicone oil to the running belt for a better shopping experience.
- Available in pink color only (could be the perfect gift for your loved ones).
Click the link below to have a closer look at this IPO Smart Walk Treadmill and learn about other customers’ experience using this product:
3. BARWING WalkingPad
This is a mini-treadmill for office and home exercise. BARWING WalkingPad possesses various advantages, including exquisite, simple, innovative and integral design.
It combines manual mode and automatic mode to fit most people. You can place it under your working desk and enjoy your exercise while working!
Let’s see together what are the main features of this Barwing WalkingPad:
- Control Remotely – You are able to control your WalkingPad by remote control or your phone. After connection to a dedicated App, the data is clearly visible on the panel while workout and you can view all your workout data for day/week/month at any time.
- Automatic Speed Control – The pressure at the footstep allows the machine to automatically adjust the speed based on the user’s foot position and frequency.
- Extremely Thin – Barwing WalkingPad is only 2.6 inches from the walking belt to the floor. This gives you a sense as if you would be walking on the ground. This feature also reduces the risk of falling, which is safer than a traditional treadmill.
- Easy For Storage – This unique foldable WalkingPad will help you to get rid of the unpleasant store experience. It is very convenient to store the machine under your bed or closet.
- Bluetooth Connectivity;
- Mute Design – Noise reduction builds a quiet atmosphere for you, avoid disturbing others when exercising.
- Remote Control Organizer – Barwing WalkingPad comes with the remote control organizer for you to collect the remote control and other items.
- Transport wheels help you to move the WalkingPad more easily, you can move to anywhere in your home or office.
- The Unit Weight: 58 pounds (only 26 kg);
- Maximum Load: 240 lbs (108 kg);
- Requires No Assembly (Double Fold – Patented Technology). It can be stored in nearly any corner of your home or office.
- No Handrails. If you got used to a traditional treadmill that has handrails that you can always lean on, it might take a bit of time to get used to exercising on a walking pad.
- Requires Battery 2 AAA (are included in the package).
Tip: Before starting to use this Barwing WalkingPad, add the suitable lubricant (is included in the package) to make the running belt smoother before use.
If you want to have a closer eye on this Barwing WalkingPad, simply click the link below and see what other customers are saying about this product:
4. OppsDecor Under Desk Treadmill 2 in 1
Anyone who believes that work and movement cannot be combined is seriously wrong. With this OppsDecor Treadmill, you will make your home or office be your gym!
Leave your desk chair behind you, because sitting too much during the day can make a lot of harm to your health.
- Perfect for Both Walking and Running – Unlike normal treadmill, this treadmill can be used in 2 ways: 1)It becomes an under-desk treadmill when the handrail does not rise. In this option, the highest speed is 4kmh and you can make a soft walk; 2) It becomes a running treadmill if you just raise the handrail. The highest speed is 12kmh, you can run as normally. So, whether you want to walk slowly or run fast, it will satisfy you.
- Shock Absorption Running Belt & Space-Saver – The frame of this treadmill is made of high-quality steel, anti-slip, and anti-static lawn texture belt. In this way, a multi-layer composite belt provides useful cushioning for ankle, back and knee joints which gives you an excellent experience of running.
- Easy to Fold, Move and Storage – This machine is compact and foldable. Wheels on the treadmill make it easier to put away after use. It only at 5” tall when folded, you could store it in your living room, study, a small corner or under the bed.
- Quiet & Powerful 2,25 HP Motor – The treadmill base has a high-quality, ultra-quiet 2.25HP Motor that lets you walk and work without disturbing others. LED display computer tracks your exercise time, speed, calories burned and distance. With OppsDecor treadmill, you can be more productive, tone your muscles, burn more calories, and feel less tired.
- Running Surface: 40 x 16 inch;
- Bluetooth Speaker & Phone Bracket & Remote Controller – Treadmill comes with remote control, It can adjust speed or stop the treadmill. The treadmill can be connected to your phone via Bluetooth, play music when running & walking, or watch a movie by treadmill phone holder.
- Safety – It comes with a built-in safety key to ensure instant shut-off under emergency situation.
- Warranty – 1-year warranty and friendly Customer Service.
- Satisfaction Guarantee – The manufacturer offers a 100% risk-free satisfaction guarantee to let you buy with confidence.
- Maximum User Weight: 100kg/220lbs;
- The Unit Weight: 75 lbs (34 kg);
- Available in blue and silver colors.
Click the link below if you want to learn more about this OppsDecor Treadmill, and also see what other customers are saying about this product:
5. RHYTHM FUN Walking Pad
RHYTHM FUN Walking Pad is a treadmill that could perfectly fit any home office or classical office. This can be done by simply placing it under your working desk!
It is also equipped with foldable handrails in case you want some more stability on the treadmill.
Walking Pads are more and more popular among customers nowadays. Let’s see together why they are so special and what features you will find:
- Dual-Mode Operation: Whether you want to run or walk, on this treadmill you will be able to do both of these exercises. Unlike normal treadmill, the RHYTHM FUN treadmill can be used in 2 ways. When treadmill handrail folded, it becomes an under-desk treadmill or standing desk treadmill, so you can walk while you work. when handrail put up, you can run as normal.
- Folding, Space-Saving design: 7“thickness, only 97 lbs (43 kg) lightweight, only covering less than 0.3 m2 in your room or office. Wheels on the treadmill make the treadmill easier to put away after use or move it from one place to another. Ideal for exercise fitness and home running in all families around the world.
- Shock Absorption and Noise Reduction Design: Strong 2.0 HP DC motor, silicon structure honeycomb running board, 7-level soft large running belt, durable steel frame make up the RHYTHM FUN treadmill’s AIR shock reduction and noise reduction system. Less noise and more safety make your running quiet and comfortable. No matter your level is, beginner or senior, this Walking Pad will satisfy your needs!
- Bluetooth Speaker, Smart Workout APP, and Remote Controller – RHYTHM FUN treadmill can be connected to your phone via Bluetooth, you can play music when running or walking, or watch TV using the treadmill phone holder. Also, you can easily monitor and track your workout on smart workout APP and remote controller, easily setting all kinds of favorite training programs.
- Easy operation and No Need to Assemble – RHYTHM FUN treadmill only has one key “Home ” button, you can control on/off/ or speed with this one button. Easy& Quick!
- Size of the Running Belt: 50”x 18”.
- Walking Speed: 1.0 – 6 Km/H; Running speed: 6-12 Km/H;
- The Console will show data on time, distance, calories burned, and speed.
- Standing Size: 61″x 30″ x 43″; Folding size: 61″x 30″ x8″;
- Maximum User Capacity: 243 lbs (110 kg);
- Warranty: On Main Frame – 10 years; Parts – 1 year; Motor: 2 years.
- Available in Stylish Black and Silver Colors.
- High CE quality and ISO9001 Certification.
- No Incline Levels. The RYTHM Walking Pad doesn’t have incline levels, so you will not be able to increase the load of your exercise.
With this minor downside, the RYTHM Walking PAd is a great choice for your at-home exercise. Click the link below if you would like to have a closer look at this treadmill, or learn from other customers’ experience:
The Bottom Line
The average timeframe for the life of a treadmill is 10 years. With some of them going for 12 years or even more. With proper care, some treadmills far exceed the average.
For proper operation, don’t forget to clean up and lubricate the running belt regularly. Also, some of the treadmills require lubrication of the running belt even before the first use of the treadmill.
I hope you have enjoyed my review of the best treadmills of 2019 and have chosen the one for yourself if you are eventually looking to buy a treadmill.
If you already have your own experience of using any of the above-mentioned treadmills, you are welcomed to share it in the comments section.
If you liked this article, and think it might be helpful to someone else too, please show some love and share it with your friends on social media.
My best wishes to you,